Aug 23, 2012

Photoshop Custom: Yamaha Virago 535

Though I never like the design of a Virago 535 but because of the low price tag and the availability in the local market, I'd actually considered buying one. Here's how I wanted it to look like if it really happened.
Here goes the mod.

  • Lower the front and rear shock for a more aggressive/ custom look
  • Change the exhaust to a upswept cocktail shaker style
  • Change the side cover to a metal one as in some of the Japanese bobber. Also use it to change the line of the seat (Covered above the subframe)
  • Bubble seat inspired by Yellow MC, Japan
  • Single carburetor
  • Finned air filter cover
  • Fork cover to beef up the look
  • Window handlebar on top of low pull back riser as in some of the Japanese bobber
  • Bare metal sportster tank with "The Big Wave" design -optional
  • Leather wrapped grip
  • Bobbed front fender
  • Smaller & lower headlight
  • Retro taillight
  • Mini Blinker (not shown in the render)

Original tank with new paint scheme

Original Virago as comparison



5 comments:

  1. Hey, good luck with your project, I've just bought a Virago.
    If you want to have that kind of rear mudguard, you have to remove the rear shocks and go hardtail. So your seat will need springs otherwise your back will be injured.
    You cannot remove a carb... But you can hide them.

    I reakky like the overall look. Sportster's tank is off the hook... I consider myself getting that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's impossible to make the rear mudguard that low without hardtailing it. I made it like that just for the look. Loves the low and aggressive stance tho' it might not be practical.
      For the carb, I'm not removing it but to change it to a single carb.

      Delete
  2. You can mount the rear fender to the swing arm to get it that close to the tire. The single carb is a common change made on the bigger Viragos. I wanted to do it in 90's when I had a 535. I just couldn't wield, so I never did. Good luck with this. By the way, the 535 is a good bike. I made a 5 hour trip on mine at 70-75 the whole way,no problems. I'm sure with the mods you want to do it would be a nicer ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this exact same bike. Having just bought a new HD, I would rather turn the XV535 into a racer than sell it. But I'm a total nube to bike customization. Where do you start? Do you buy parts or make them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What carbutator is that? I have problems with mine and i want to change it for a single one, thanks

    ReplyDelete